Use of rootClass

Support questions relating to the actifsource Domain Diagram Editor

Use of rootClass

Postby meierd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:17 pm

Currently i try to understand how to rightly use the rootClass property of DiagrammType instances. Consider you have the following simple Model:

example.schamtic.class.png
example.schamtic.class.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 20306 times

It's simple. It has a Schematic object with ownes Part object. So far as i understand if I want to provide a (as well simple) DomainDiagramm i need to greate a DiagrammType for (by example) Schematic, like this:

example.schamtic.diagramm.type.png
example.schamtic.diagramm.type.png (7.89 KiB) Viewed 20306 times

This is the point where i get stuck. My point is that I want to have a DomainDiagramm for Schematic instance, means to have a valid DomainDiagramm of Type Schematic i need first a instance of Schematic. Thus by my unterstanding the domaindiagrammtype can have only on single Root object (an Schematic instance) an (wonderful) there seems to exist such a attribute named rootClass with I set to Schematic. Until I open the wizard I get

wizard.diagramm.type.png
wizard.diagramm.type.png (10.19 KiB) Viewed 20306 times

Interessting here for me is that i's possible to select the SingleRoot, but it's has nothing to do with attribute rootClass. Why?
Should it not filter all instances of Schematic in the current Scope? (Right now it selects only instances of Resource). If i leave the field empty and finsh the wizard, actifsource is creating a instance of the domaindigramm and immediately complain that singleRoot is not set. If i open the Diagramm in Resourceeditor and i use the content Assist (Ctrl + Space) I can select any Instance of Resource and not only instances of Schematic how i expect.... However i select an Instance of Schematic, name Filter and continue but now if i Open the DomainDigram I get this:

example.schamtic.domain.editor.view.png
example.schamtic.domain.editor.view.png (8.55 KiB) Viewed 20306 times

Again: Why? What i would expect is that Filter is the rootEditPart of the editor, means it has no Shape at all. Even worst, If i resize Filter to a resonable size I want to Drag'n'Drop new Part into the Element by selectng them from the pallete. Yes it works, but it is as well possible to Drop them outside the Filter shape like in the read area:

example.schamtic.domain.editor.view.drag.tracker.png
example.schamtic.domain.editor.view.drag.tracker.png (8.96 KiB) Viewed 20306 times

Of course if this is happening actifsource immediatly complains that the OwnRelation is not fullfitted, since Parts can exisit as a compartment of Schematic. Waht I now wish from you is:

• Please explain what is the realtion between rootClass, singleRoot, wizardField or however
  • How I can make a object instance realy as root?
  • And, is the last case realy a bug?
meierd

Re: Use of rootClass

Postby meierd » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Update:

If I restart Eclipse or Close and reopen the Domaindiagramm (i can't realy reproduce the behavior) the filter shape is gone, but until now never upon first creation of the domain diagramm. Looks like a bug.
meierd

Return to Domain Diagram Editor