fails to start after upgrade from 5.5 -> 5.5.1

General installation questions

fails to start after upgrade from 5.5 -> 5.5.1

Postby tpo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:41 pm

As noted here, I've allready had problems when upgrading to 5.5. However I could work around that by moving to the side one of my projects.

Now however eclipse won't even get as far as showing its window: I only get a popup saying "An error has occurred. See the log file C:\yadayada\workspace\.metadata\.log.'

Nothing substantial has changed wrt my workspace compared to my previous report, except that one of the two projects I had in my workspace doesn't contain any errors any more, because I've fixed them.

It's noteworthy that during upgrade "invalid registry entries" were reported multiple times without giving any more details but only referring to the log.

My upgrade occured on 2012-08-30, which should be visible in the log, which I'll try to attach here.

Currently I'm completely unable to proceed with modelling work. I'll try to find a workaround and failing that I'll try to reinstall Eclipse with the pre 5.5 Actifsource.

Heiko Böttger wrote:Since there are many plugins that may be installed into eclipse, startup can be difficult to track down.

There are no plugins or any other modifications to Eclipse here. I've followed the installation instructions on your site and stopped there.

Thanks,
*t
Attachments
log.zip
eclipse log
(32.49 KiB) Downloaded 1904 times
tpo

Re: fails to start after upgrade from 5.5 -> 5.5.1

Postby tpo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:01 pm

I moved the whole workspace to the side, started Eclipse, which created a new, fresh, empty workspace, then I imported the old project. Now Eclipse is able to start again with that project ("Druckmarkensensor", which I've sent to Actifsource) and is able to display the project in its window.

So I'm able to work again.
*t
tpo

Return to Installation